Tuesday 18 September 2012

tasty tuesday: monster cookies (fall edition)


So apparently Jordyn and I have an obsession with peanutbutter....and anything reese's.  If you remember last week's tasty tuesday, she made these incredible Reese's peanut butter bars!  And this week I put a Reese's spin on traditional Monster Cookies!

We get our addiction from our father...so really, he's the one to blame (or thank?).


I also discovered that you don't even need beaters or anything fancy to make this recipe!  My beaters that I keep in Vancouver are broken, and I haven't gotten around to getting new ones yet (aka: I'm asking for new ones for my birthday!)....so I mixed these up using a fork, spatula, and my hands!

Monster Cookies
recipe: adapted from - Monique at Ambitious Kitchen

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2 1/4 cup Rolled Oats (I used quick oats!)

3/4 cup Peanut Butter (you can use smooth or chunky; not natural)
2 TBSP Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
2 eggs, lightly beaten

3/4 cup Reese's Pieces (or m&ms)
1/2 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
1/4 cup Pecans, chopped (this is optional. or you can substitute in walnuts.)


Directions:
1) In a medium bowl, mix together both sugars, baking soda and oats.
2) In a separate, large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, vanilla and eggs.
3) Add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture, and mix all together.
4) Stir in Reese's pieces and pecans.
5) Form dough into 2-inch balls, and place on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart (I used a scoop to make things easy!). 
6)  Bake for 12-14 minutes, until hte tops of the cookies start to brown.
7)  Cool and enjoy!



I thought the Reese's pieces were a nice substitute for the more traditional m&ms since Autumn is almost upon us!  


We're currently brainstorming new Fall recipes...and let me tell you that Pumpkin is the star of the show right now!  If you have any specific requests, just let us know in the comments!

p.s. kelsey ♥



1 comment:

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...