Thursday 6 September 2012

diy: braided wrap bracelet


Now this diy is so ridiculously easy it hurts.  Truly.

So I was in the most amazing craft/costume/fabric store in downtown Van (called Dressew...for you locals!), when I stumbled on the sale section of the cords, trims, etc.  I loved the look and feel of this simple greyish-silver cord, and it was on sale for 20cents/meter!  


To create this braid, I first wrapped the cord around my wrist 6 times (twice for each braid strand), and then I added a few more centimeters on so that I would be able to tie it up.

Then I tied a knot at one end, and then I braided down until I reached the end.  I ended it with a double knot, trimmed one end shorter, and left the other two a bit longer in order to tie it around my wrist.


Then tie around your wrist...and enjoy!


p.s.   kelsey

6 comments:

  1. loveee how simple, inexpensive, and cute this is!! nicely done, kels =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos! Did you take them all yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...yep, that's why the ones of it on my wrist are a bit awkward :P

      Delete
    2. Oh - I thought they were cool :) the angles are neat!

      Delete
  3. I love this pretty addition to any outfit, up or down. So much fun!!! I'll have to find me some of that cord!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...