Thursday 20 September 2012

diy: anchor bracelet


Now I've been seeing anchor bracelets, rings, necklaces, tattoos, designs, etc. EVERYWHERE this past summer.....especially on pinterest (surprise!).  I fell in love, and knew that it would only be a matter of time before I found the supplies to make my very own bracelet!

I found these lovelies on etsy, and I bought a mix of silver and brassy/gold coloured anchor charms.  I've made two bracelets so far....and I can't wait to brainstorm new ideas for the rest!



Now all you need for this diy is some sort of cord (I used coloured suede that I found at Michaels on sale), and an anchor charm (which I found on etsy...here)!


1) First I measured the cord to go around my wrist twice, and then added on a bit more so I would be able to tie a knot easily at the end of it.
2)  Then I folded the cord in half, and looped the midpoint over the anchor.
3)  Next I grabbed the two loose ends, and pulled them through the loop, creating a knot.
4)  Then I snipped one end on an angle, so that I could easily thread it through the loop on the anchor charm. (my suede was a little bit big, and was a little tough to get through the end of the charm....so in the future I'll be on the look out for slightly skinnier cord!)
5)  Finally, slide it on your wrist, pull the cord tight, tie a knot (not too tight if you want to be able to take it on and off), and trim the ends.

Voila!  You're done.  I just tucked the loose ends underneath the bracelet, and it was good to go!


I've also seen these done with a clasp in the middle of the cord...which would be more convenient for taking it on and off.  I didn't have one in my craft box, and was too impatient to wait to buy one...so if any of you try that version out, let me know how it goes!


I hope you enjoyed this little pinterest inspired, nautical-themed diy!


p.s. ♥ kelsey


6 comments:

  1. Love this!!! Christmas present, please? In grey? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindo! Adorei as diys da blog.

    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  3. How would you take this off after ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just be sure not to tie your final knot too tight, and then you can just untie it to take it off :) or you can also tie a small clasp in as well, which might make it easier to take off!

      Delete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...